Infant Massage Class
Infant massage is generally taught in small groups of up to 4 babies. Over a series of 4-5 weeks you will learn simple techniques to relax your baby and specific strokes that caretakers report may help with congestion, colic, gas and teething.
Massage has a very soothing effect on your baby and may help to improve their digestion and elimination. It is also though to aid their muscular co-ordination, posture and flexibility in preparation for crawling. By helping your baby to relax it may promote longer, sounder sleepand decrease the production of stress hormones. For mothers with post-natal depression it can be a very positive experience and may increase their sense of bonding with theirchild.
Why attend a class?
We understand not all parents are familiar with massage, and not every baby reacts the same to massages. Therefore we keep it casual and slow to ensure you and baby have time to find best the pressure, body positioning, rhythm and length of the massage. The process is empowering for the parents and relaxing for all!
What is a class like?
- Our classes are held in small groups to ensure personalized attention.
- Each course is taught over 4-5 weeks to ensure parents have time to properly learn and absorb the material.
- Classes are baby led. We encourage babies to be themselves!
- Supportive group sessions where parents can share experiences and learn from each other while having fun.
- Recommended age for group classes is from birth to pre-crawling.
- Prive individualized instruction is available. Please inquire by email or phone call.